Analyze the work’s quality using the steps in the critical appraisal process
Summarize and appraise the qualitative study (article will be emailed). Analyze the work’s quality using the steps in the critical appraisal process. Include what is good about the research and also be critical and include what could have been done better. Make sure to use APA format, limit quotes, include page numbers for direct quotes, and make sure all sources are within 5 years.
• Cite source of article in first sentence of paper in (Author, Year) format
• Qualitative study approach of the article
• Level of research evidence (based on Levels of Research Evidence)
• Purpose of the research article
• State purpose of your paper
2. Components of the Research Process
Summarize and state whether the following parts of the research study plainly identified?
• Introduction (problem, purpose, literature review, framework, objectives, questions)
• Methods (qualitative approach, sample, data collection methods)
• Results (themes supported by direct quotes from participants)
• Discussion (findings, conclusions, limitations, transferability, implications, and suggestions for further research)
3. Strengths and Weaknesses of the study
Analyze each of the following:
• Dependability (summarize steps taken during data collection and decisions made during analysis)
• Confirmability (extent to which other researchers can review the audit trail and agree that the conclusions are logical)
• Credibility (findings or themes and confidence that results reflect views of the participants)
• Transferability (applicability in other settings with similar participants).
4. Conclusion: Evaluate the Trustworthiness and Meaning of Study Findings
• Discuss limitations of the study
• Summarize nursing implications and insight that this study should provide
• Your conclusion of critical appraisal