As a departmental manager who wants to encourage internal innovation, propose three (3) organizational changes to promote entrepreneurship with your employees & explain how you would implement these changes.
“Change from within”:
1. Identify a departmental issue observed in your current or prior work experiences or a work-related issued observed as a customer.
2. As a departmental manager who wants to encourage internal innovation, propose three (3) organizational changes to promote entrepreneurship with your employees & explain how you would implement these changes.
“Do you have what it takes to lead?”:
3. Identify two personal strengths & two personal weaknesses, which promote or challenge your own abilities to be a leader.
4. Create an action plan to overcome each weakness you’ve identified & outline the steps that you can take to grow in each area of strength you identified.
“The Human Factor”:
Select two aspects of HR
5. Provide a brief overview of job functions of a HR professional such as recruiting, hiring, employee benefits & training.
Debate this statement
6. An organization can operate effectively without HR. Explain why or why not.
7. Imagine you are a new employee in a human resource (HR) department. Your first task is to develop a stress management seminar for the employees. Determine the topics that should be covered in the seminar. Support your selection of the topics.
8. Develop criteria to assist in selecting the vendor to use for the training.
9. Go to the Chief Learning Officer’s (CLO) Website and read the article titled “Southwest Airlines: Employee Education Takes Flight”. Next, determine if Southwest’s method of training is an effective way to conduct training. Support your position. Provide one recommendation for improvement.
10. Compare the following training methods: presentations, case studies, simulations, and discussions. Determine which training method you believe to be the most effective and explain why.