Explain why the mean would be the best measure of sales performance.
You are the sales manager for a company that makes pet foods. You are also well versed in statistics and use them to help you evaluate your business and determine how to move forward. The company has four salespersons employed in a small town. Let us denote these salespersons by A, B, C, and D.
The sales records (in dollars) for the past 6 weeks for these four salespersons are shown in the table below.
Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a brief report comparing the sales volumes and the consistency of sales of these four salespersons.
Measures of central tendency:
1) Use the mean sales for each salesperson to compare the sales volumes.
2) Explain why the mean would be the best measure of sales performance.
3) Under what circumstances might you choose to use the median or mode?
4) What is the median and mode for each sales person?
Measures of dispersion
1) Choose an appropriate statistical measure to compare the consistency of sales.
2) Explain which measure you chose and why. Be sure to discuss the nature of the information it provides.
3) Calculate this measure for each sales rep.
Write a 500-700 word report in which you
1) Compare the sales volumes and the consistency of sales of these four salespersons.
2) As you discuss each item above, use a table to display your calculations.
3) As the sales manager, what conclusions can you make about this team? Who appears to have the most potential for generating top sales in the future? If you had to provide coaching for each individual, briefly share what you might say (no more than 2 sentences per person).
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.