Identify the name of the consultant and describe his or her
Name of Consultant: Identify the name of the consultant and describe his or her
2. Organizational Affiliation: Identify the organization affiliation of the consultant, if
3. Nature of Services To Be Rendered: Describe in outcome terms the consultation to be
provided including the specific tasks to be completed and specific deliverables. A copy of
the actual consultant agreement should not be sent to CDC.
4. Relevance of Service to the Project: Describe how the consultant services relate to the
accomplishment of specific program objectives.
5. Number of Days of Consultation: Specify the total number of days of consultation.
6. Expected Rate of Compensation: Specify the rate of compensation for the consultant (e.g.,
rate per hour, rate per day). Include a budget showing other costs such as travel, per diem,
7. Method of Accountability: Describe how the progress and performance of the consultant
will be monitored. Identify who is responsible for supervising the consultant agreement.
Required Information for Contract Approval
All contracts require prior approval from CDC. Funds may not be used until the
following required information for each contract is submitted to and approved by CDC:
1. Name of Contractor: Who is the contractor? Identify the name of the proposed contractor
and indicate whether the contract is with an institution or organization.
2. Method of Selection: How was the contractor selected? State whether the contract is sole
source or competitive bid. If an organization is the sole source for the contract, include an
explanation as to why this institution is the only one able to perform contract services.
3. Period of Performance: How long is the contract period? Specify the beginning and ending
dates of the contract.
4. Scope of Work: What will the contractor do? Describe in outcome terms, the specific
services/tasks to be performed by the contractor as related to the accomplishment of
program objectives. Deliverables should be clearly defined.
5. Method of Accountability: How will the contractor be monitored? Describe how the
progress and performance of the contractor will be monitored during and on close of the
contract period. Identify who will be responsible for supervising the contract.
6. Itemized Budget and Justification: Provide an itemized budget with appropriate
justification. If applicable, include any indirect cost paid under the contract and the indirect
cost rate used.