Consider a fault tree with an AND gate under the top event. The first tier contains four failure events with respective failure probabilities of 0.005, 0.002, 0.01, and 0.0001.
- What equation should you use to compute the probability of the top event?
- Using the equation, what numerical value do you get for the top event probability?
- For the top event, what is the probability of the complimentary event (i.e., success probability)?
Your response must be at least 75 words in length.
And one more
- If you want to make a fault tree for this, what text would you put in the top event box?
- What type of gate would you put in the top event box?
- List reasons for this “no-show.”
- Group the reasons for no-show into categories for placing under the gate in a fault tree. If you have more than five reasons, consider consolidating some of the reasons into categories suitable for a fault tree.
- Use the outline format to write the final version of the logic you would use to make a fault tree for the student failing to show up for the test.
Your response must be at least 200 words in length.