Imagine you are a representative of management in the company you have selected for your Week Six assignment and you must make a capital budgeting decision. The decision is to implement a new computer network system to decrease the time between customer order and delivery. The cost will be 10% of last year’s profits. You are charged with describing the important considerations in the decision-making process to upper management. In your response, be sure to include the following:
· A description of the important factors, in addition to quantitative factors, that were considered when making this capital budgeting decision.
· An explanation of how these factors are significant to the company.
· A summary of how you will determine the criteria to rank capital budgeting decisions and whether some criteria are more important than others.
· A calculation of the proposed return on investment based on criteria you select and justification for that ROI.
Develop a 200 – 250 word explanation supporting your recommendations.
Assessing Dividend Policy
Revisit the company you chose for your Week Six Final Project. Using the annual report and other sources such as a 10k or 10q’s, discuss the dividend policy of your company.
Answer the following questions as part of your response:
- How would you describe your chosen company’s dividend policy?
- Why do you believe this company chose the dividend policy they have in place?
- Do you agree or disagree that they have selected the best dividend policy for the company?
- How might this dividend policy function in both perfect and imperfect capital markets?
- Calculate the dividend rate over the past 5 years. Define why you believe that it has or has not changed over the last 5 years.