What is cloud computing? Is it new? What is the benefit to a business? What are risks? What is a private, public, and hybrid cloud? What are the tools: SaaS, PaaS, Iaas?
What are the strategies for dealing with competitive forces? List and discuss each briefly.
2. In Chapter 3, discuss figure 3.3, the Value Web. It’s importance, both as a set of technologies and as a strategic tool.
1. Discuss the Ethical Analysis model. Does it make sense to you? Do you use it, or something like it? Which of the Candidate Ethical Principles do you use in your life?
2. Provide a brief discussion of privacy vis a vis the case called “Facebook Privacy: What Privacy?” Do we even have individual privacy anymore, in any traditional sense?
1. What are the components of a business information technology infrastructure? You can list these, but comment on ONE in particular that strikes your fancy, or that you know about.
2. What is cloud computing? Is it new? What is the benefit to a business? What are risks? What is a private, public, and hybrid cloud? What are the tools: SaaS, PaaS, Iaas?
Chapters 6 and 7
1. There are two highly important database tools that you must know about. Discuss each: the Relational Database model, and the Database Management System, or DBMS.
2. Define and discuss each of these core technologies:
* Packet Switching
* Digital / Analog
* Internet / World Wide Web