- What motivational strategy would you apply with an employee who you think is capable of doing the work but is under-performing?
Compare and contrast needs-based theories of motivation. Which offers the most value to healthcare managers?
- Discuss any limitation of the management approaches to motivation.
- Which types of rewards are most important: intrinsic or extrinsic?
- Which myth of motivation is the most important? What is another myth that you can identify?
- What motivational strategy would you apply with a highly effective employee who you want to keep performing at a very high level?
- Grace Jones is a four-decade Billing department employee in Happy Hollow Hospital. A recent graduate of Whassamatter U, Lindsey Flohan is a new hire in the Billing department. Grace has been assigned to train Lindsey to do her new job. Using the generational information presented, what conflicts can you anticipate between Grace and Lindsey?
- Motivation is not a new concept, so why is motivation important?
- Does the importance of different types of rewards change over time as one progresses through one’s career? What are some examples of rewards tailored to different generations?
- Finally, which generation resonates best with you? In your opinion, which generation do you feel would be the most difficult to manage or motivate? Why?