Which is financially more beneficial to a business, leasing orbuying company cars?
You are thereceptionist for Computers Plus. The caller asks for Elizabeth Franklin, whois home sick today. You don’t know when she will be able to return. Answerthe call appropriately.
2. You are now Ms.Franklin, office manager. Describe Chelsea Chavez, an imaginary employee.Think of someone with whom you have worked. Include many details, such as herability to work with others, her appearance, her skills at computing, herschooling, her ambition, and so forth.
3. You are now anadministrative assistant for attorney Michael Murphy. Call Tom Wing to verifya meeting date Mr. Murphy has with Mr. Wing. Use your own name in identifyingyourself.
4. You are now thereceptionist for attorney Michael Murphy. Mr. Murphy is skiing in Aspen andwill return in two days, but he doesn’t want his clients to know where he is.Take a message.
5. Take a message againas the receptionist for attorney Michael Murphy.
[img border=”0″ width=”21″ height=”21″ src=”file:///C:/Users/JACKIE~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png” alt=”Enlarge Table” v_shapes=”Picture_x005F_x0020_1″>
If this is a group presentation, form a team of three or fourmembers and conduct thorough research on one of the following topics, asdirected by your instructor. Follow the tips on team presentations in thischapter. Divide the tasks fairly, meet for discussionsand rehearsals, and crown your achievement with a 15- to 20-minute presentationto your class. Make your multimedia presentation interesting and dynamic.
1. How can businesses benefit from Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook?Cite specific examples in your chosenfield.
2. Which is financially more beneficial to a business, leasing orbuying company cars?
3. Tablet computers and other devices are eroding the market sharepreviously held by laptops and netbooks. Which brands are businesses embracingand why? Which features are a must-have for businesspeople?
4. What kind of marketing works with students on college campuses?Word of mouth? Internet advertising? Freesamples? How do students prefer to get information about goods and services?
5. How can consumers protect themselves from becoming victims ofidentity theft?
6. Companies usually do not admit shortcomings. However, some admitprevious failures and use them to strategic advantage. For example, Domino’sPizza ran a commercial in which its customers said that its pizza tasted likeketchup and cardboard. Find three or more examples of companies admittingweaknesses and draw conclusions from their strategies. Would you recommend thisas a sound marketing ploy?
7. How can students and other citizens contribute to conservinggasoline and other fossil fuel in order to save money and help slow globalclimate change?
8. What is the career outlook in a field of your choice? Considerjob growth, compensation, and benefits. What kind of academic or otherexperience is typically required in your field?
9. What is the economic outlook for a given product, such as hybridcars, laptop computers, digital cameras, fitness equipment, or a product ofyour choice?
10.What istelecommuting, and for what kinds of workers is it an appropriate workalternative?
11.Whatare the Webby Awards, and what criteria do the judges use to evaluate websites?
12.What franchisewould offer the best investment opportunity for an entrepreneur in your area?
13.Whatshould a guide to proper smartphone etiquette include?
14.Whyshould a company have a written e-mail, Web use, and social media policy?
15.Whereshould your organization hold its next convention?
16.What isthe outlook for real estate (commercial or residential) investment in yourarea?
17.What dothe personal assistants for celebrities do, and how does one become a personalassistant? (Investigate the Association of Celebrity Personal Assistants.)
18.Whatkinds of gifts are appropriate for businesses to give clients and customersduring the holiday season?
19.Whatscams are on the Federal Trade Commission’s list of top 10 consumer scams, andhow can consumers avoid falling for them?
20.How canyour organization or institution improve its image?
21.Whatare the pros and cons of using Prezi zoom presentations? Would they beappropriate in your field?
22.How canconsumers protect themselves against identity theft?
23.Whatfranchise would offer the best investment opportunity for an entrepreneur inyour area?
24.Whatare the differences among casual, business casual, and business formal attire?
25.What isa sustainable business? What can companies do to become sustainable?
26.Whatsmartphone apps are available that will improve a businessperson’sproductivity?
Possible Other Topics