Why is it important for staff nurses to understand the culture and real goals of the organization in which they work?
1. Describe the organizational characteristics of the facility in which you currently have a clinical assignment. Include the following:
a. Type of organization
b. Overall climate of the facility
c. How the organization is structured
d. Formal and informal goals and processes of the organization
2. Why is the work climate of an organization important to nurse leaders and managers?
3. What are the ways in which a nurse can enhance his or her expertise?
4. Explain “shared governance,” and describe how it can affect the power structure of a health-care organization.
5. Why is it important for staff nurses to understand the culture and real goals of the organization in which they work?
1. Describe your ideal organization. Explain each feature and why you think it is important.
2. Interview one of the staff nurses on your unit. Find out what practices within the organization help to empower the nurses. Compare this list of practices with those discussed in the textbook.
3. Recall the last time you walked into a hospital, clinic, or physician’s office for the first time. What was your first impression? Did you feel comfortable and welcome? Why or why not? If you could change the first impression this facility makes, what would you do?
4-What changes could be made at a very low cost? What changes would be expensive?Finally, discuss why it is important for a health-care facility to make a good first impression